Friday, June 3, 2011

Reboot

First thing I noticed is that as I went thru my emails I don't have any 'hot' burning to do's. I'm coming in blank, just thinking to deal with whatever emails I got overnight. So if there's no hot overnight emails, I've no drive to get anything special done.
So - perhaps since nature abhors a vaccum, I just gravitate to the easiest mental filler, the internet. Not so good. Especially when even there I don't have much interesting stuff to browse thru.
Next thing I noticed is that I have trouble calling to mind what should I get done today and what's coming due in the near future. Blank. Its an effort to think of these things. Much easier to think of surfing over to hippymom or scroll thru my junk emails.                                                           
Then I realized its almost 10am and I've done shit nada nothing for work. So I get the overwhelm - like that Dilbert cartoon I have hanging on my wall.
SO.
Let's go back to basics. Clear my space with salt. Clear my mental/ body energy. Clear clutter from my desk. Get a cup of tea (NOT COFFEE!!). Make a list of what I want to get done. Start working on the list.
Off I go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment